Aussie StudyExpress and also referred to in this Policy as “us,” “we” and “our” seeks to provide the best possible service to its customers by arranging the best possible range of educational services.
We will only use any personal information we collect about you for the purposes indicated in our policy, where we have your consent to do so, or as otherwise required or authorised by law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we collect from you or that is received by us will be treated with appropriate respect ensuring protection of your personal information.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Privacy Act and any other relevant law.
Q : MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
A : Aussie StudyExpress retains a record of personal information about all individuals with whom we undertake any form of business activity. Aussie StudyExpress must collect, hold, use and disclose information from our clients and stakeholders for a range of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Providing services to clients;
- Managing employee and contractor teams;
- Promoting products and services;
- Conducting internal business functions and activities; and
- Requirements of stakeholders.
Q : HOW AND WHAT WE COLLECT
A : Aussie StudyExpress collects information from you to facilitate the provision of our products and services. Dependent on how you have come to know about Aussie StudyExpress, we may have received information about you from other companies (associate organisations) who promote our products and services on our behalf. All associate organisations promoting Aussie StudyExpress services are subject to the same obligations as we are, with regards to helping you to control the privacy of your personal information.
What we collect
The following types of personal information are generally collected, depending on the need for service delivery:
- Personal & Contact details;
- Employment details;
- Educational background;
- Demographic Information;
- Course progress and achievement information; and
- Financial information.
The following types of sensitive information may also be collected and held:
- Identity details;
- Employee details & HR information;
- Complaint or issue information;
- Disability status & other individual needs;
- Indigenous status; and
- Background checks (such as National Criminal Checks or Working with Children checks).
Q : WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
A : We require this information to best understand your needs and expectations and to provide you with a better service; as well as for –
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided to us.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail and we may use the information you have provided to customise our website according to your interests.
Q : HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS HELD
A : Aussie StudyExpress’s usual approach to holding personal information includes robust storage and security measures at all times. All electronic data is stored on servers based in Sydney Australia. Information on collection is:
- As soon as practical converted to electronic means;
- Stored in secure, password protected systems, such as financial system, learning management system and student management system; and
- Monitored for appropriate authorised use at all times.
Only authorised personnel are provided with login information to each system, with system access limited to only those relevant to their specific role. Aussie StudyExpress ICT systems are hosted externally with robust internal security to physical server locations and server systems access. Virus protection, backup procedures and ongoing access monitoring procedures are in place.
Destruction of paper based records occurs as soon as practicable in every matter, through the use of secure shredding and destruction services at all Aussie StudyExpress sites.
Individual information held across systems is linked through a Aussie StudyExpress allocated identification number for each individual.
Aussie StudyExpress takes active measures to consider whether we are able to retain personal information we hold, and also to ensure the security of personal information we hold. This includes reasonable steps to protect the information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We destroy or de-identify personal information held once the information is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be legally used or disclosed.
Access to Aussie StudyExpress offices and work areas is limited to our personnel only – visitors to our premises must be authorised by relevant personnel and are accompanied at all times. With regard to any information in a paper based form, we maintain storage of records in an appropriately secure place to which only authorised individuals have access.
Regular staff training and information bulletins are conducted with Aussie StudyExpress personnel on privacy issues, and how the APPs apply to our practices, procedures and systems. Training is also included in our personnel induction practices.
We conduct ongoing internal audits (at least annually and as needed) of the adequacy and currency of security and access practices, procedures and systems implemented.
Q : LINK TO OTHER WEBSITES
A : Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Q : CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes,
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aussie StudyExpress does not use or disclose the personal information that it holds about an individual for the purpose of direct marketing, unless:
- The personal information has been collected directly from an individual, and the individual would reasonably expect their personal information to be used for the purpose of direct marketing; or
- The personal information has been collected from a third party, or from the individual directly, but the individual does not have a reasonable expectation that their personal information will be used for the purpose of direct marketing; and
- We provide a simple method for the individual to request not to receive direct marketing communications (also known as ‘opting out’).
On each of our direct marketing communications, Aussie StudyExpress provides a prominent statement that the individual may request to opt out of future communications, and how to do so.
An individual may also request us at any stage not to use or disclose their personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, or to facilitate direct marketing by other organisations. We comply with any request by an individual promptly and undertake any required actions for free.
Aussie StudyExpress confirms all individuals have a right to request access to their personal information held and to request its correction at any time. In order to request access to personal records, individuals are to make contact with. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at –
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us at
email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Q : PRIVACY COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
A : If an individual feels that Aussie StudyExpress has breached its obligations in the handling, use or disclosure of their personal information, they may raise a complaint. We encourage individuals to discuss the situation with their Aussie StudyExpress representative in the first instance, before making a complaint.
The complaints handling process is as follows:
- The individual should make the complaint including as much detail about the issue as possible, in writing to Aussie StudyExpress:
Quality Assurance Team, firstname.lastname@example.org , Suite 4A, Level 1, 27 Hunter St, Parramatta NSW 2150
- Aussie StudyExpress will investigate the circumstances included in the complaint and respond to the individual as soon as possible (and within 30 calendar days) regarding its findings and actions following this investigation. Should after considering this response, if the individual is still not satisfied they make escalate their complaint directly to the Information Commissioner for investigation:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, www.oaic.gov.au,
When investigating a complaint, the OAIC will initially attempt to conciliate the complaint, before considering the exercise of other complaint resolution powers.