Student Visa Service

Australian Government rules and regulations for student visa keep changing all the time and it is almost impossible for you or any other student to be on top of it. You will definitely need experienced hand to guide and help you with your visa lodgement. You can relay on our expertise to lodge application on your behalf. We this for free for you but there is a fee that Australian Government will charge you.

Student Visa Document Checklist

The Document that you need to prepare will depend on two factors:

  1. Country of Passport
  2. Course Provider

The Department of Immigration has a Document Checklist Tool ( that will assist you what documents to prepare.

Below are the list of the basic documents that needs to be submitted alongside your student visa application:

  • Proof of Identity: Passport, Birth Certificates
  • Academic Documents: Certified Copy of Certificate Completions and Transcript of Records
  • Offer Letter issued by the provider
  • Confirmation of Enrolment Issued by the provider
  • English Proficiency Result
  • Proof of Financial Capacity

What is the Visa Filing Fee?

The Visa Embassy Fee is provided in the DIBP Website:

What are the Financial Documents to prepare?

You need to have enough money that is genuinely available to you, to pay for your course fees, and travel and living costs for you and your accompanying family members while you are in Australia.

You might need to provide evidence of your financial capacity with your visa application. The Document Checklist Tool of DIBP will help you find out if you need to provide evidence of financial capacity with your application.

In the event that you need to provide evidence of financial capacity, you will need to show proof of this by providing one of the following:

  • evidence of funds to cover travel to Australia and 12 months’ living, course and (for school aged dependants) schooling costs for the student and accompanying family members
  • evidence that you meet the annual income requirement

Subsequent entrants – family members who apply after the primary applicant has been granted their visa must also provide documentary evidence of financial capacity. This must be one of the options above.

What can evidence of funds include?

  • Money Deposits in Financial Institutions which are considered reputable by DIBP
  • Loans from Financial or Government Institutions

How much Evidence of Fund will I need to show?

Evidence of fund can be shown in two ways:

  1. The Twelve Months Option, and
  2. The Annual Income Option

1. The Twelve Months Option:

Evidence of Fund is calculated by adding living cost, course fees, schooling costs and travel cost.

Below is a guide how you can calculate the total amount of funds you will need:

A. Living costs

From 1 July 2018, the 12 month living cost is:

  • Student or guardian – AUD 20,290
  • Partner or spouse – AUD 7,100
  • Child – AUD 3,040
B. Course fees
  • Calculate the first 12 months of your course fees or include the total cost of your course if it is for a duration of 12 months or less. Deduct any prepaid costs and provide evidence of these payments (this should be on your Confirmation of Enrolment or provide receipts).
  • If you are in Australia and your course has already commenced, calculate the course fee payable for the 12 month period commencing from the date on which you lodge your application.

Example 1: if your course fee is AUD 30,000 for three years, determine the fee for one year (12 months) by dividing the total amount by the number of years. The amount will be AUD 10,000.

Example 2: If your course fee is AUD 15,000 for ten months, and you have already paid AUD 5,000, deduct this prepaid amount from the total amount. The amount will be AUD 10,000.

C. Schooling costs

If you have school aged children who included in your student visa application, the schooling costs is at least AUD 8,000 per year for each child. This will need to be added to the amount of funds required.

D. Travel costs
  • Applying outside Australia, include AUD 2,000.
  • Applying in Australia, include AUD 1,000.

Calculate your Cost with our Calculator

2. The Annual Income Option

This is another option to show evidence of fund.

The annual income option requires a student to provide evidence of personal annual income of at least AUD 60,000 for a single applicant.

For students accompanied by family members, the requirement is at least AUD 70,000. The evidence must be in the form of official government documents such as tax assessments. Certification from employer or bank statements is not acceptable.

The income demonstrated must be the personal income of:

  • Your spouse (who is not coming with you)
  • Parents. Where both of your parents are working, their combined income can be considered for this requirement

What is genuine access to funds?

You and your accompanying family members must be able to access the funds shown while you are in Australia.

When considering whether the funds will be genuinely available, the following additional information and supporting evidence, should be presented:

  • the nature of the relationship between you and the person who is providing the funds, where applicable
  • your income, assets and employment or those of the person providing the funds
  • evidence of financial support history
  • source of funds for any lump sum deposits.